Welcome to the 2023 Competitve Level Tryouts
Our key objective to ensure that each player is given a fair evaluation and that all players are placed at the appropriate level for their abilities where they have the opportunity to further develop their skills and most importantly, have fun. We wish all players the very best in their tryout.
To view the tryout process document - HERE
Master Tryout Schedule - HERE
- Inquiries pertaining to any absences, illnesses, or injuries – please email: email@example.com
- Please include a CLEAR subject line including the division, player name, and subject of the email ex. U13, John Doe, INJURY.
- Any feedback regarding the 2023 Tryout Process can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback relating to grouping and placement, will not be entertained during the process and will be responded to upon completion in a reasonable time frame. We will evaluate the email flow to ensure any themes are noted and corrected, if possible.
- BDHMA will hold two Q&A sessions for parents/players. These sessions are for any questions around the tryout process.
- U13AAA Q&A Session: Wednesday, September 13th from 6-8pm @ Multipurpose Room HRM 4-Pad
- U11/U13/U15/U18 Q&A Session: Wednesday, September 20th from 8-10pm @ Multipurpose Room HRM 4-Pad
- All sessions will be in Rink D @ HRM 4-Pad (with exception of away exhibition games)
- No private hockey socks or pant shells during evaluations. We ask that each player wear plain/solid colour socks and no pant shells nor socks from outside organizations (ex. Fusion, Stars, Prospects, Andrews, etc). Players will be asked to change or leave the ice.
- Ice level will be closed to parents and spectators. We will have a skate tying area if need be and we do not want any parents or spectators in the hallways during evaluations.
- Drills to be posted to website 72 hours in advance on divisional pages under Tryout & Evaluations.
- Evaluators will be using the Team Genius App on Tablets or iPhones
- BDMHA will use a stage-based evaluation model. This will consist of Stages 1-5 and culminate with team selection. Our process will allow for potential promotion, demotion, or lateral movement in stage 3 and beyond.
- For the 2022 tryouts, there was a rule that no second year returning BDMHA player within an age group would play at a lower level of hockey than what they played in their first year at the age group. This rule has been eliminated for the 2023 tryouts.
As mandated by Hockey Canada and Hockey Nova Scotia, BDMHA is required to monitor dressing rooms during all sessions and adhere to the "Two-Deep Rule." For this reason, we have established a Dressing Room Monitor sign-up per the link below. Ideally, we have former Coaches and Managers sign up as they would have all of the required certifications. We would also need gender specific volunteers for U13 and up.
Please sign up for - Evaluations - Dressing Rooms!
Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on SignUp: https://signup.com/go/PBMSnPp
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on SignUp)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots - SignUp will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
Note: SignUp does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.