Registration for the 2023-24 is now CLOSED!
- REGISTRATION OPENING DATE: July 7th, 2023
- REGISTRATION CLOSING DATE: August 11, 2023
If you missed the registration deadline, please contact Matt Oxford, firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about space. Some levels may be at capacity and cannot accept any more registration.
Update - ALL registration inquiries after August 11th will be placed on a waitlist with exception of goalies
If you are a new or returning player to BDMHA, you can register your player online using GrayJay Pay
Transfers will still have to be moved to the Bedford registration database before you can register online, if you have moved into the area, begin the registration process online and you will be prompted to complete a transfer form at a certain point.
NEW for 2023-24 - BDMHA will now use GrayJay Pay for general registration - HERE
For a step-by-step guide to GrayJay Pay for online registration, click HERE
***NOTE - If you have credits that need to be applied to your account (i.e. 50/50) please wait to register until you see those appear on your account. If you are not sure about any credits, please contact Matt Oxford, email@example.com
The Hockey Canada Registry is still your source to review player/coach certifications and register for clinics as usual
BDMHA will have 1 registration method.
- Online Store - This will be a similar process that you have experienced previously
- register and pay your full balance or select payment plan online with VISA/Master Card or VISA debit
- register and select offline payment (eTransfer) as your payment method (Available August 4-11 ONLY)
- BDMHA does not accept personal cheques. Sponsor/donor cheques can be dropped in the Blues mailbox at the BMO Centre or mailed to 61 Gary Martin Drive, Bedford, NS, B4B 0G7
- eTransfer can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (autodeposit - no password required)
- Include your player name and 2023-24 registration in the memo
- PDF registration
- If you experience issues with registering online, we can provide a PDF registration form for you to complete and email back for processing. This should be your last resort. To inquire, please contact Matt Oxford, email@example.com
All registrations are reviewed and approved by the association registrar. If a registered player is determined to reside outside the BDMHA Boundary, the parent will be notified and registration cancelled/refunded.
No player with an outstanding balance from the 2022-23 season will be able to register until that has been paid.
Payment plans by credit card/VISA debit are available through GrayJay Pay. We will no longer be processing credit cards manually. You will have one option as follows
- Initial payment of 25% at checkout
- Payment #2 - September 1st
- Payment #3 - October 1st
- Payment #4 - November 1st
It is up to you to ensure your card has the required funds available for each transaction. Declined payments may result in an extra fee applied to your registration total. You can always login to your GrayJay Pay account to process a payment at any time.
BDMHA is continuing its family discount program for membership. Our discounts are as follows
- 3rd child - 50% off the lowest base registration fee
- 4th+ child - 100% off the lowest base registration fee
- NOTE 2 - Tryout fees are not included in the discount.
Families are to notify Matt Oxford, firstname.lastname@example.org to receive their discount refund or to apply the discount to a player registration
BDMHA has a detailed refund policy as part of the consitution (Article XI: Registration).
- Processing fees are non-refundable for all registrations regardless of cancellation date.
- Approved refunds for members withdrawing before the commencement of the season will be subject to an executive committee approved administration fee being deducted from the registration refund.
- Approved refunds for members withdrawing after the commencement of the season but before the end of October will be subject to a 25% reduction in their registration fees, less the hockey canada insurance and any processing fees.
- Approved refunds for members withdrawing after the commencement of the season but before the end of November will be subject to a 50% reduction in their registration fees, less the hockey canada insurance and any processing fees.
- Approved refunds for members withdrawing after the commencement of the season but before the end of December will be subject to a 75% reduction in their registration fees, less the hockey canada insurance and any processing fees.
- There will be no refund of Association fees to any member who participates in the program after December 31st of that hockey year, the only exception being for verified medical reason which will be handled on a case by case basis.
U18 Overage Player Applications
Hockey Nova Scotia recognizes that some players within HNSMC structure may find themselves without an opportunity to continue to play hockey because of their birthdate and some other circumstances. The players in question are those who have played minor hockey for a number of years, they are still in High school, their birth date is between September 01 and December 31 of the year in question, they would now have no opportunity to continue playing hockey because they will be too old for the U18 Division as per HNS Regulations and there are no other teams in their area that could allow them to continue playing the game of hockey within HNS.
HNS will now allow these players to make application to continue to play hockey within the U18 Division provided the player qualifies as per the guidelines established by HNS. This policy is intended only for use by players who have previously registered at the U18-B or U18-C levels. Under this policy any player who has played at the U18-A level or above is not eligible to play as an overage U18 within HNS. Overage U18 shall not displace any age appropriate U18 player.
If your player meets the above criteria, email Matt Oxford, email@example.com to inquire.