Application Deadline: August 15, 2023
The below executive VPs will be coordinating coach/team staff selections within the association:
· VP Operations, Ken Lenihan email@example.com
· VP Recreation, Nancy Oldford, firstname.lastname@example.org
· VP U9/U7, Megan Douglas, email@example.com
· VP Competitive, Brian Furdas, firstname.lastname@example.org
· Hockey Development Professional, Andre Lefebvre, email@example.com
· Coaching commitment requires 12-15 hours per week at minimum.
· All coaches must agree to follow BDMHA’s Hockey Development Philosophy.
· BDMHA supports coaches through mentorship and coaching development opportunities throughout the season. Coaches are expected and encouraged to take advantage of these resources.
BDMHA’s Hockey Development Philosophy
BDMHA’s focus is two-fold:
1. Skill development over wins and losses.
2. To create and nurture the passion and enjoyment of coming to the rink to play hockey.
BDMHA’s skill development is focused on developing a player's individual abilities and techniques within the team environment and ensuring good individual habits and details for our players, that they can carry forward the rest of their hockey lives.
Creating the passion of coming to the rink in a safe environment, where we encourage and challenge players to do their best.
Our BDMHA hockey culture is inclusive. We respect ourselves, our teammates and coaches, our opposition, the officials and volunteers that make the game possible, and our community.
If you missed the coach application deadline, please reach out to the above executive member to receive an application link or to have your name added to the prospective coach lists.