As a further update to our announcement of a Special Meeting to approve the proposed fees for the 2022/2023 season. The fees as setout below are based on the following additional budget and ice considerations:
- Throughout the year we received many inquiries from our recreational team coaches, parents and players as to why there was such an inequity between the hours of ice provided by the association to the competitive and recreational levels of hockey. This year there will be parity between the ice times provided by the association at the competitive and recreational levels which resulted in a larger than usual increase to recereational fees.
- As a result of recommendations from the 2021/2022 Goaltending Committee, we are adding a full-time goalie development professional which is budgeted at $18,000 per year
- As part of our strategic direction to develop our coaches, we will ensure that each team at the U11 – U15 level has a coach certified with the Hockey Canada Goalie Development Level 1 certification.
- Annually, we refresh our development equipment and loaner-goalie equipment and the 2022/2023 maximum spend will be $12,000
- We need to increase referee fees to attract and retain referees within the Association
- As part of our strategic direction to develop our coaches, we plan to decrease the number of paid core skills staff and re-engage coaches during core skills sessions
- Annually, we refresh jerseys and the 2022/20233 maximum spend will be $10,000
With these changes, the proposed 2022/2023 fees will be modified from the 2021/2022 fee schedule as follows:
- The Jump Into Hockey program will see a decrease of $40.00 from the 2021/2022 season to encourage and allow more children the opportunity to try hockey for the first time.
- The U23 Program will see a decrease of $150.00 from the 2021/2022 season to align the cost per player with the registration fee per player.
- U7 and U9 programs will see an increase of $5.00 from the 2021/2022 season.
- U11, U13, U15, U18 Competitive programs will see an increase of $5.00 from the 2021/2022 season.
- U11, U13, U15, U18 Recreational programs will see an increase of $80.00 from the 2021/2022 season.
For your reference here is a chart showing the 2021/2022 fees and proposed 2022/2023 fees: