UPDATE as of June 22 - We did not receive multiple applications for positions and therefore will not require any recommendations from the membership.
Further to the BDMHA Constitution ARTICLE VII: ELECTION OF EXECUTIVE OFFICERS, Section 5, the newly elected or acclaimed officers of BDMHA must fill all vacant positions by appointment. This year, we have a number of key roles that are required to be filled and the Executive would like to put out a call to the membership for any person interested in holding one of these positions. Therefore, we have decided to waive all requirements in order to fill these positions, with the exception of the VP Finance (see below). Role descriptions can be found in the constitution under ARTICLE VIII: EXECUTIVE JOB DESCRIPTIONS (Click HERE)
We are seeking BDMHA members who want to fill any of the following roles:
- VP Recreation
- VP Finance (must have a financial designation)
- VP U7/U9
- U7 Divisional Coordinator
- U9 Divisional Coordinator
- U11 Divisional Coordinator
- U13 Divisional Coordinator
- U15 Divisional Coordinator
- U18 Divisional Coordinator
- 50/50 Coordinator
- Certifications Coordinator
The process and timeline the BDMHA Executive is going to follow to appoint these positions is as follows:
- BDMHA members in good standing who wish to be considered for one of these positions should complete this form (click HERE) by Saturday June 18th at 11:59PM.
- The Executive Officers will review all completed forms and may reach out to interested members between Sunday June 19, 2022 and Tuesday June 21, 2022.
- On Wednesday June 22, the BDMHA Executive Officers will release a poll to the membership requesting input on who the membership would recommend to be appointed to any position which received more than 1 interested BDMHA member. This is not an official vote, but it will provide the Executive Officers with direction from the membership.
Based on the recommendations received and any interviews conducted, the BDMHA Executive Officers will appoint, by majority vote, the successful applicant to each vacant position no sooner than 10:00pm on June 23, 2022.
The BDMHA Executive Committee will be announced on the BDMHA website Friday, June 24, 2022.
Should a position remain vacant after this process, the Executive Officers will seek to appoint those vacant positions as quickly as possible.
- Each household will be able to make one recommendation per position.
- Each household will be required to fill in the form using the email you registered your player(s) with.
- The recommendation poll will close at 6pm on June 23, 2022.
Absent from the list of roles above is the VP of Competitive. As discussed at the AGM, this role will be selected by the BDMHA Executive Officers, in consultation with our Hockey Development Professional. We will be seeking a candidate who we feel will implement many of the recommendations from the 2021/2022 Tryout Committee report; will work closely with the BDMHA President and Hockey Development Professional; and, who has minimal to no conflicts of interest when it comes to the competitive tryout landscape within BDMHA.
President BDMHA On Behalf of the 2022/2023 BDMHA Executive Officers