Registration for the 2022-23 season will be opening by Saturday, July 16 and close on Friday, August 12.
If you are a new or returning player to BDMHA, you can register your player online using the Hockey Canada Registry.
Transfers will still have to be moved to the Bedford registration database before you can register online, if you have moved into the area, please complete/sign the following form (click HERE) and email to email@example.com
NEW - The Hockey Canada Registry is now powered by Spordle. ALL parents will have to create a new account to login and register their players. Your old HCR login will not work with this system.
For a step-by-step guide to online registration, click HERE
To access the Hockey Canada Registry to login and register, click HERE
BDMHA will have 1 registration method.
- Online Store - This will be the same process that you have experienced previously
- register and pay your full balance or select payment plan online with VISA/Master Card or VISA debit
- register and select cheque/eTransfer as your payment method (Available August 1st - 12th ONLY)
- cheques can be dropped in the Blues mailbox at the BMO Centre or mailed to 61 Gary Martin Drive, Bedford, NS, B4B 0G7
- eTransfer can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (autodeposit - no password required)
- Include your player name and 2022-23 registration in the memo
- PDF registration
- If you experience issues with registering online, we can provide a PDF registration form for you to complete and email back for processing. This should be your last resort. To inquire, please contact Matt Oxford, email@example.com
All registrations are reviewed and approved by the association registrar. If a registered player is determined to reside outside the BDMHA Boundary, the parent will be notified and registration cancelled/refunded.
Payment plans by credit card/VISA debit are now available through the Hockey Canada Registry. We will no longer be processing credit cards manually unless absolutely necessary. You will have one option as follows
- Initial payment of 25% at checkout
- Payment #2 - October 15th
- Payment #3 - November 15th
- Payment #4 - December 15th
It is up to you to ensure your card has the required funds available for each transaction. Declined payments may result in an extra fee applied to your registration total. You can always login to your Spordle account to update card details.
BDMHA is continuing its family discount program for membership. Our discounts are as follows
- 3rd child - 50% off the lowest base registration fee
- 4th child - 100% off the lowest base registration fee
- NOTE 2 - Tryout fees are not included in the discount.
U18 Overage Player Applications
Hockey Nova Scotia recognizes that some players within HNSMC structure may find themselves without an opportunity to continue to play hockey because of their birthdate and some other circumstances. The players in question are those who have played minor hockey for a number of years, they are still in High school, their birth date is between September 01 and December 31 of the year in question, they would now have no opportunity to continue playing hockey because they will be too old for the U18 Division as per HNS Regulations and there are no other teams in their area that could allow them to continue playing the game of hockey within HNS.
HNS will now allow these players to make application to continue to play hockey within the U18 Division provided the player qualifies as per the guidelines established by HNS. This policy is intended only for use by players who have previously registered at the U18-B or U18-C levels. Under this policy any player who has played at the U18-A level or above is not eligible to play as an overage U18 within HNS. Overage U18 shall not displace any age appropriate U18 player.
NEW FOR 2022 - Overage Goaltenders - U18 Level
If you are a goaltender and just recently aged out of the U18 division, you may apply for overage status to play one more year. Goaltenders can only play the at the level they aged out in. For example, a goaltender that played U18-C in 2021-22 can play U18-C again for 2022-23, BUT a goaltender that played U18-AA in 2021-22 cannot play U18-C in 2022-23.
If your player meets the above criteria, email Matt Oxford, firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.